Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My First Tournament

I played in my first Maine State Golf Association Junior Tournament on Tuesday, at Belgrade Lakes Country Club.


The last to tee off in my foursome on the 339-yard, par-4 1st, I hit my drive 250-yards down the middle. From there, I knocked a pitching wedge on the green, 30 feet from the hole, then four putted for a 6.


On the 526-yard, par-5 16th, I hit my drive 239 yards to the fairway. Using a 3-iron, I managed a 130-yard shot into the rough. My 7-iron helped me out of the rough with 120 yards. That gave me an 80-yard approach. I took out my sand wedge and landed it 10 yards short of the green, then pitched up to 20 feet and three putted for a 7.


These efforts, along with less spectacular results on the other sixteen holes, got me a 12th place finish, out of 16 players, and a score of 104.


No comments:

Post a Comment